Farmer Tim's Vegetables in Dudley, MA is hiring for several positions for the 2021 season:
Farm Crew (multiple positions- full/part time)
Farmer Tim's Vegetables is a growing farm entering its seventh season. It is located on a 92-acre historic piece of farmland in Dudley, Massachusetts. Farmer Tim's operates a 20-week CSA with on farm pick up in Dudley and boxed shares in Belmont and Webster, as well as a farm stand in Dudley and a weekly farm stand in Belmont, MA. At Farmer Tim's our goal is to provide high quality food for our community while maintaining transparency in our growing practices.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Fall Farm Crew - full or part-time
Farmer Tim's Vegetables in Dudley, MA seeks Fall farm crew members for the end of 2021 season!
Farm crew members will assist in all aspects of production- greenhouse management, direct seeding, transplanting, harvesting, weeding, washing/packing, fertility management, and irrigation. Ideal candidates will have experience with physically demanding labor, an interest in sustainable agriculture, and a positive attitude. Previous farm experience as a volunteer or full/part time staff is great, but is not a requirement.
Fall Farm Crew will average ~35-40 hours per week from September through November.
Work hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM with a one-hour unpaid lunch break..
Part time and Full time positions are available.
· Ability to work outside in all types of weather (heat, humidity, rain, wind, cold, etc)
· Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
· Good communication and listening skills
· Attention to detail and desire to learn efficient techniques
· Desire to learn and understand farm systems
· Ability to take direction well and willingness to learn from constructive feedback
· Good attitude and positive outlook
· Strong work ethic
· Enjoyment working in a small crew of 4-5 workers and occasional volunteers
· Ability to do repetitive, time-consuming, and detailed work for hours at time
Hourly pay will be based on experience (between $13-$15/hr)
Farm crew members receive free produce from the farm and the opportunity to participate in farm apprentice training with EmassCRAFT.
How to Apply:
To apply please send your resume and a letter of interest to Jacob Cardoza at email@example.com (please state if you are interested in full or part time hours)
Learn more about our farm and farming practices at www.farmertims.com
Qualified applicants will be invited for an on-farm working interview.