Farmer Tim's Vegetables in Dudley, MA seeks 3 enthusiastic farm crew members for 2019
Farmer Tim's Vegetables is a growing farm entering its fourth season. It is located on a 92-acre historic piece of farmland in Dudley, Massachusetts. Farmer Tim's operates a 20-week CSA and farm stand in both Dudley and Belmont, MA. In addition Farmer Tim's sells produce to local restaurants and a local food hub. At Farmer Tim's our goal is to provide high quality and tasty food for our community while maintaining transparency in our growing practices.
In 2019 we are looking for 3 new members to add to our team. Farm crew members will assist in all aspects of production- greenhouse management, direct seeding, transplanting, harvesting, weeding, washing/packing, fertility management, and irrigation. Ideal candidates will have experience with physically demanding labor, an interest in sustainable agriculture, and a positive attitude. Previous farm experience as a volunteer or full/part time staff is great, but is not a requirement.
Crew members will average about 35 hours per week. Farm crew positions will run from the first week in April to the last week in October. The work schedule is Monday-Friday 7:30AM-4PM with a one-hour unpaid lunch break and a paid 15-minute break mid-morning. Additionally, crew members will rotate weekend farm responsibilities so that each crew member has duties approximately once per month from April to October. All time off requests will need to be submitted at least two weeks before the date requested off. Employees are expected to arrive on time and be ready to start work by 7:30AM.
· Ability to work outside in all types of weather (heat, humidity, rain, wind, cold, etc)
· Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
· Good communication and listening skills
· Attention to detail and desire to learn efficient techniques
· Desire to learn and understand basics of farm systems
· Ability to take direction well and willingness to learn from constructive feedback
· Good sense of humor and positive outlook
· Strong work ethic
· Enjoyment working in a small crew of 3-4 workers and occasional volunteers
· Ability to do repetitive, time-consuming, and detailed work for hours at time
Hourly pay will be based on experience (between $12-$14/hr)
Farm crew members receive free produce from the farm and the opportunity to participate in farm apprentice trainings with EmassCRAFT.
Housing is available on site in a rustic farmhouse at no cost to employees.
How to Apply:
To apply please send your resume and a letter of interest to Katie Bekel at firstname.lastname@example.org